PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES
Ship it, and we will shoot it.
We specialize in white background product photography for websites, online stores, print, and much more. Just ship your product to our location and our team will shoot and edit them, then ship them back to you.
Our studio offers standard tabletop photography. This is the photography of products less than 20 pounds and fits onto a 4 by 4-foot table.
If you will be sending particularly large or heavy products, you should contact us before shipping. Products larger than 3 feet on the longest side are subject to additional charges depending on the size of the product in question. Larger, heavier equipment will require specialty equipment, studio space, and additional resources to handle the products and will include additional costs.
How it works
1. Start an order
2. Ship us your products
3. Photographing your products
4. Instant online delivery
Upon completion of your project, you will be provided a unique dropbox link. Click on the link to view and instantly download your high-resolution images. Images are stores for future viewing and download with no extra expenses.
If you’d like to make any changes or additions (additional charge may apply) inform the studio and they will make them before shipping your products back. Formatting and delivery costs are already included in the price.
5. Products returned
Here is a list of services that our product photography studio will provide.
– Image editing.
– Composite image creation.
– Formatting, watermarking, and delivery.
- Image Editing
All studios will provide editing services for images taken of your products. Standard editing will include shadow removal, tone adjustments, vertical and horizontal alignment, and cropping.
You may have images that were produced in-house which require editing. If this is the case most studios will offer solely editing services.
- Composite Image Creation
A composite image is created with multiple individual image files. It involves layering the images onto a blank image canvas, arranging and scaling the images on the canvas, and finally saving the finished image. The individual image files should have clipping paths and transparent backgrounds.
If you need images of your products separately, creating composites in post-production is quicker in comparison to taking a picture of a group of products (that would involve unpacking multiple products, strategically arranging them, taking and editing the images).
Fortunately, anyone with an intermediate level of Adobe Photoshop skills can composite images.
- Image Formatting, Watermarking, and Delivery
Our studio format and deliver your product images to you according to your needs.
Standard product photos are delivered as high resolution, 300 DPI jpegs using maximum quality settings, and measuring 3000×3000 pixels in size. Depending on the shape of your product, excess white space may be cropped leaving the longest dimension at least 3000 pixels. The other dimension is cropped to fit the shape of the product being photographed.
There is also the option of “Hero Shots”. These measure 7360 × 4912 pixels (before cropping) and are delivered in a layered .tiff image format with transparency.
The Studio will also offer watermarking as part of the formatting process. Watermarking involves taking a transparent .png image and applying it to the images as an overlay.
Before watermarking your images, we advise you to consider the pros and cons of doing this.
Image of watermark format
- The brand’s watermark protects your images from being used on your competitor’s sites. Your competitor would not want images on their site with your brand watermarked on them.
- Watermarking images protects your investment against theft. Image creation is costly; the last thing you want is your competitors leveraging your investment.
- Watermarks then to obscure an image, making it harder for the consumer to see the product. This can alter the effectiveness of your images. If consumers have issues seeing the product clearly, they may buy a competitor’s product instead or they may buy your product mistakenly assuming it was some other product or brand. This will potentially result in more product returns.
- To address the issue above you can watermark part of the image. The bottom or top left or right corners, for example. This largely helps with the issue of obscuring but does not do much for the (competitors may steal your images, remove watermarks, and use your images on their site).
After formatting your images, the studio will deliver them to you. We will create a Dropbox folder for you and send you the link to access the images to you. The cost of formatting and delivery is already included in the price. If you require images on a hard drive or DVDs there will be an additional charge.
For specific details, read the complete see our Term of Service.